G33K Out: WonderCon 2016 – High Scorers Panel
[All photos courtesy CW3 Public Relations.]
Episode 19: Wondercon 2016 – High Scorers Panel
(Episode 18 was NOT posted on SciFi4Me, as it was not genre related. It was an interview with cinematographer Jimmy Matlosz.)
Last March, I attended WonderCon here in Los Angeles. We covered it here, and I had a lot more content that I never had time to do anything with.
One such item was a chance to meet up with some of the guys that were on the “High Scorers Panel: Star Composers of the Video Game World”. The panel was, obviously, music composers for video games talking about their work. I managed to get a chance to interview some of them before the panel. I first talked to Gordy Haab (Star Wars: Battlefront, Star Wars: The Old Republic, The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct) and Niels Bye Nielsen (Hitman, Ratchet & Clank Series), and then I talked to Bill Brown (Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six, Captain America: Super Soldier, Lineage II) and John Kaefer (Quantum Break).
Head’s up: due to the press set up, any time I talked, the mic was not in front of me. I bumped up my audio as much as possible, but it’s still pretty noticeable.
- Running time is 27 minutes, 5 seconds.
- The main interview was recorded on March 25, 2016.
- Mid-show plug is from Emilya Piansay, the managing editor over at Tea & Fiction.
- Theme music is “Schoolyard Haze”, by Jari Pitkanen, available via the Free Music Archive.
- This podcast is released under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share-Alike license.
- Interested in hearing other episodes of G33K Out? Check them out here.
And now, time to geek out.
You can see more of Angie’s work (and her social media connections) over at her website.