[featured image: Fox Searchlight]
Fast Color has done some fast casting to complete its team now that filming has started in New Mexico. The thriller stars Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Lorraine Toussaint, Saniyya Sidney, David Strathairn, and Christopher Denham.
The story follows Ruth (Mbatha-Raw), a woman forced to run when her superhuman abilities are discovered. Now the only place she and her daughter, Lila (Sidney), can hide from a rogue government organization’s leader (Denham) is home with her mother (Toussaint). Strathairn will play the sheriff of the town where Ruth grew up.
Julia Hart wrote the script and will be directing with her co-writer, Jordan Horowitz (La La Land) producing with his Original Headquarters. Mickey Liddell and Pete Shilaimon from LD Entertainment will also produce.
Liddell express his enthusiasm for the story and three women leads by stating, “This is exactly the kind of movie I want to see in the theater – three generations of strong women finding their power. Gugu and Julia are extraordinary talents and I’m thrilled to have the opportunity to work with them both on this special project.”
Hart’s debut script, The Keeping Room, landed on the 2012 Black List and made into a feature staring Brit Marling, Hailee Steinfeld, and Sam Worthington. Her film, Miss Stevens, premiered at last year’s SXSW Festival with the star, Lily Rabe, winning the festival’s special jury prize for best actress.
- Mbatha-Raw was recently in Beauty and the Beast and just finished filming A Wrinkle in Time.
- Toussaint, known for her role as Vee on Orange Is The New Black, recently was in the second season of Rosewood and Selma.
- Sidney was last seen in Hidden Figures and American Horror Story.
- Strathairn was in Good Night, and Good Luck. He will next been seen in the AMC/BBC drama, McMafia.
- Denham stars in Showtime’s Billions and has been in Shutter Island, Duplicity, and Argo.
Fast Color will be released sometime in 2018.[tfb username=’SciFi4Me’]