Baen Books, one of the biggest names in the independant sci-fi and fantasy genres, announced that they’re working with RBmedia, one of the biggest names in the audio industry. They plan to publish more than 170 audiobooks with each other over the next three years. The partnership brings together Baen’s bestselling, award-winning content and RBmedia’s market-leading position as a publisher of sci-fi and fantasy audiobooks.
“Audiobooks are an ideal format for busy consumers, turning your daily commute, exercise, or that rare free time into a journey to distant galaxies or worlds where dragons still roam,” said Brian Sweany, Director of Acquisitions for Recorded Books. “As the world’s largest independent publisher of audiobooks, RBmedia’s long-time goal has been to grow its presence in the science fiction and fantasy markets. With Baen Books, we’ve found the perfect partner for this popular segment.”
Titles that are a part of this agreement include:
• In Fury Born by David Weber
• The Council Wars series by John Ringo
• The Belisarius series by David Drake & Eric Flint
• The General series by David Drake, Eric Flint, S.M. Stirling, & Tony Daniel
• The Domination (Draka) series by S.M. Stirling
• SERRAted Edge: The Doubled Edge series by Mercedes Lackey & Roberta Gellis
• The Witchy War trilogy by D.J. Butler
• The Chronicles of Kencyrath by P.C. Hodgell
• The entire Technic History series by Poul Anderson
“Given the soaring demand for audiobooks, especially in the realms of science fiction and fantasy, Baen is thrilled to be entering into this partnership with RBmedia to make sure our rousing tales of adventure are available in all formats,” said James Minz, Director of Subsidiary Rights for Baen Books. “With this deal, Baen Books will have licensed as an audiobook virtually every available title on our extensive list.”
The content they’re releasing will be available later this month, on Audible, iTunes, Google Play, Audiobooks.com, public libraries via RBdigital, and more.