Cancellations & Renewals Part One: What Survived for the Fall TV Schedule?
Alrighty now. These last few weeks we have been getting updates to what shows have been saved and what shows are biting the dust. Plus we have been keeping track of what newbies have been picked up by the networks that just may be interesting. So below is a list (with more coming as news comes out from the remaining upfronts) so that our readers can properly plan for their 2017-2018 TV time.
Click on the links for additional stories on those shows. And if you see that we have missed your favorite genre show, let us know so we can share it with others!
Listed below are the series pick-ups we know about:
- Black Lightning (The CW)
- Retired superhero Jefferson Pierce steps back into his secret identity as the wanted vigilante Black Lightning when a local gang tries to recruit his daughter, a star student with powers of her own.
- The Crossing (ABC)
- Refugees from a war torn country seek asylum in an American town. However, these refugees are from American and the war they flee is 250 years in the future.
- Deception (ABC)
- Superstar magician Cameron Black’s career ends due to a scandal. So he joins the FBI to become the first consulting illusionist, using his art of deception, illusion, and influence to help the government solve crimes that defy explanation.
- Ghosted (Fox)
- A skeptic is forced to work with a believer of paranormal to solve unexplained occurrences in Los Angeles for a government agency.
- The Gifted (Fox)
- Two parents take their children on the run after they discover their children have mutant abilities.
- The Inhumans (ABC)
- The Inhuman Royal family escape Hawaii after a military take over with the goal to save themselves and the world.
- The Orville (Fox)
- Set 400 years in the future, a motley crew of a not-so-top-of-the-line exploratory ship, the Orville, join the divorced captain and first officer as they navigate fascinating and sometimes dangerous adventures as well as their work environment.
- The Passage (Fox)
- A girl tries to save the human race from a post-apocalyptic world run by vampires.
- Searchers (The CW)
- A pragmatic brother and free spirited sister team up ten years after their parents death to discover their mothers terrible and bizarre stories will guide them to discover the great legends, myths, and explainable mysteries of the world.
- Star Trek: Discovery (CBS All Access)
- New Star Trek series, plot unknown, but it’s said to take place between Enterprise and The Original Series, and may be set in the Prime universe instead of the J.J. Abrams “Kelvin” timeline.
- Big Hero 6 (Disney XD)
- Big Hero 6 will continue where the film ended with the continuing adventures of 14-year-old tech genius Hiro, his lovable, cutting-edge robot Baymax and their friends as they protect their city from scientifically enhanced villains while also balancing out regular life as new students at the San Fransokyo Institute of Technology.
- Ducktales (Disney XD)
- The adventures of Scrooge McDuck and his nephews as they search for treasures around the world and protect Scrooge’s fortune.
- Ghost Wars (Syfy)
- A local outcast in an Alaskan town must over come the towns prejudices and his own personal demons to be able to harness his repressed psychic powers to save the locals from a mass haunting that is threatening to kill them.
- The Haunted (Syfy)
- Four siblings reuinted after the death of their parents, trying to fix their fractured relationships so they can face the literal ghosts of their pasts in order to survive.
- Krytpon (Syfy)
- The show follows the Man of Steels grandfather of the house of El after they are shamed and ostracized as he fights to redeem his families honor and save his world from chaos.
- Marvel’s Cloak and Dagger (Freeform)
- The story of two teens with powers — she can throw light daggers, he can engulf people and objects in darkness — who are drawn together in a romantic entanglement made more complicated by the differences in their backgrounds.
- Marvel’s New Warriors (Freeform)
- Six young people with powers who work and live together. However, their powers are not quite like the Avengers. They want to make a difference in the world – even if the world is not quite ready for them.
- Marvel’s Spider-Man (Disney XD)
- The animated story of an unsure but courageous teenage who has to learn to be a hero from the very beginning.
- Siren (Freeform)
- According to legend, Bristol Cove once was home to mermaids. A mysterious girl arrives and proves the folklore to be true which starts a battle between the townsfolk and the predatory creatures trying to reclaim their right to the ocean.
- Castle Rock (Netflix)
- Set in Stephen King’s fictional down of Castle Rock, each season would follow a different set of characters and storylines with intersecting themes and certain characters from previous seasons.
- Marvel’s Runaways (Hulu)
- A diverse group of six teenagers discover they have one thing in common: their parents are a part of an evil crime organization.
Listed below are the renewals that we know:
- The 100 (The CW)
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (ABC)
- Arrow (The CW)
- Exorcist (Fox)
- The Flash (The CW)
- Gotham (Fox)
- iZombie (The CW)
- The Last Man on Earth (Fox)
- Legends of Tomorrow (The CW)
- Lucifer (FOX)
- Once Upon A Time (ABC)
- The Originals (The CW)
- Riverdale (The CW)
- Supergirl (The CW)
- Supernatural (The CW)
- Timeless (NBC)
- The X-Files (Fox)
- 12 Monkeys (Syfy) – through fourth and final season in 2018
- American Horror Story (FX) – through Season 9
- Beyond (Freeform)
- Channel Zero (Syfy) – through Season 4
- Colony (USA)
- Dark Matter (SyFy)
- The Expanse (SyFy)
- Fear the Walking Dead (AMC)
- Humans (AMC)
- Into the Badlands (AMC)
- The Last Ship (TNT)
- Legion (FX)
- The Librarians (TNT)
- The Magicians (SyFy)
- Outlander (Starz) – through Season 4
- People of Earth (TBS)
- Scream (MTV)
- The Shannara Chronicles (moving to Spike)
- Shadowhunters (Freeform)
- Van Helsing (Syfy)
- Westworld (HBO)
- Z Nation (Syfy)
- A Series of Unfortunate Events (Netflix)
- Daredevil (Netflix)
- The Handmaid’s Tale (Hulu)
- Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency (Netflix)
- The Man in the High Castle (Amazon)
- The OA (Netflix)
- Santa Clarita Diet (Netflix)
- Sense8 (Netflix)
- Stranger Things (Netflix)
Listed below are the cancellations we know about:
- Emerald City (NBC)
- Frequency (The CW)
- Making History (Fox)
- Powerless (NBC)
- Scream Queens (Fox)
- Sleepy Hollow (Fox)
- Son of Zorn (Fox)