[All photos courtesy CW3 Public Relations.]
Episode 20: Wondercon 2016 – Streaming Panel
In my last G33K Out podcast, I brought out my interviews from one of the panels at WonderCon 2016, “High Scorers Panel: Star Composers of the Video Game World”. While at the press room for that, I also had the chance to talk with some of the people at another panel, “Streaming Success: Behind-the-Scenes of Your Favorite Binge Worthy Shows”.
The panel discussed the original content of Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon, and some of the people that work on the various shows produced by them. My associate Hope Donoghue and I first talked to James (“Jimmy”) Levine and Sean Callery, composers of American Horror Story and Marvel’s Jessica Jones respectively. Since it was with the High Scorers Panel, I first assumed they were on that panel and asked about their work composing for video games. We then talked to David Van Dyke, VFX producer and (at the time) vice president of Shade VFX (he’s now president), where he’s worked on a variety of genre media, but most notably Marvel’s Daredevil.
As with the last interview, due to the press set up, any time I talked, the mic was not in front of me most of the time.
Basic show notes:
- Running time is 23 minutes.
- The main interview was recorded on March 25, 2016.
- To see all of our coverage of WonderCon 2016, visit this link.
- Mid-show plug is from Jimmy Matlosz, cinematographer and guest on episode.
- Theme music is “Schoolyard Haze”, by Jari Pitkanen, available via the Free Music Archive.
- This podcast is released under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share-Alike license.
- Interested in hearing other episodes of G33K Out? Check them out here.
And now, time to geek out.
You can see more of Angie’s work (and her social media connections) over at her website.