Level Eleventy-Seven 01: AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. Pilot Delivers

BANNER_Opinions2013

Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. premiered tonight, and it’s sure to be a ratings hit. What did we think about it? Join us for our new podcast, Level Eleventy-Seven, as we delve into each week’s episode.

This week: the pilot. And we’re not just talking Melinda May, although she certainly gets her moment, as do all of the members of Team Coulson. Oh, yeah… Phil Coulson’s still alive. (spoiler?) … but the explanation might not exactly be the explanation. Typical Whedon…

The Panel: Maia Ades, Dan Handley, Timothy Harvey, Jason Hunt and guest John Clark, whom you might have seen as either Green Lantern or Cyborg during D.C. Nation on Cartoon Network (and Ward’s comment about cosplay kinda got his dander up…)

Banner_EleventySeven RIGHT-CLICK TO DOWNLOAD

UPDATE: And what did Mr. J. August Richards think about the theory behind his character’s identity?

Featured Artist:

Todd Oxford, Assistant Professor of Saxophone at Texas State University.

Equilibrium Record Label

Texas State University School of Music

SciFi4MeRadio_RED

______________________________

Jason P. Hunt

Jason P. Hunt (founder/EIC) is the author of the sci-fi novella "The Hero At the End Of His Rope". His short film "Species Felis Dominarus" was a finalist in the Sci Fi Channel's 2007 Exposure competition.

7 thoughts on “Level Eleventy-Seven 01: AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. Pilot Delivers

• September 25, 2013 at 7:00 pm

I will probably never watch this show. simply because they played the same game with it as other shows that have vanished from the air by shoving the show in a Tuesday time slot trying to compete with an already established show NCIS. which is one of two of the Network shows I watch. the rest of the TV week is network free.

to bad I wanted to see this one.

• September 25, 2013 at 8:30 pm

Why not watch one or the other online? Seems like in this day and age of DVR and streaming video, you have options.

The show has a lot to recommend it, and as we discuss in our show, it’s not on Fox or Syfy, so it’s got a better chance of staying on long enough to find an audience (11.9 million tuned in live, by the way). Plus, with the built-in audience already coming into it, there’s only a slim chance it does poorly on Tuesday night. NCIS is getting long in the tooth, even though it’s still a good show. And Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has the added feature of the movies providing some additional oomph.

I doubt ABC put the show on Tuesday night in order to secure failure. In fact, I think it’s quite the opposite. S.H.I.E.L.D. has such high potential that it could actually hold its own against NCIS. I’ll bet the suits at Marvel, ABC and Disney are all counting on that.

I’d hate to think you’d miss the show on purpose simply because it’s up against another favorite show.

• September 25, 2013 at 8:44 pm

its simple.. see I live in the sticks where I do not have fast connection, no DSL out here. so watching anything longer than two minutes online takes a long time to load. and I do not own a DVR, which I plan on correcting sooner or later. LOL

trust me the further out in the country you get the the harder it is to get a decent connection. Cell phones are even spotty and forget 3G or better.

• September 25, 2013 at 8:51 pm

Ah. Yes, that makes a certain amount of sense then. Well, the pilot is re-airing Thursday night, so maybe you can see it then and make a determination. 🙂

• October 17, 2013 at 10:57 pm

And don’t forget if your doing cable or satellite, it’s probably on On Demand… that’s how I’m catching up on it after a vacation!

• Pingback: Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. – Welcome To Level 7 | TV And Comics

• October 2, 2013 at 11:14 am

LOVED it – nothing more to say other than I feel really bad for jokelly65!

Hailing Frequencies Open...

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!
%d bloggers like this: