BEAUTY & THE BEAST – THE FIRST SEASON DVD will be released on October 1, it was announced last week during a Beauty & the Beast panel with cast and producers at San Diego Comic-Con International 2013.
“But Leslie,” you’re saying to yourself, “I already have all the episodes DVR’d. I’ve memorized every snarky one-liner by Tess, every retort by J.T. I know exactly when Catherine crinkles her nose as she gazes up fondly at Vincent. I anticipate every Vincent smolder, every moment of Gabe’s grim determination. Why would I need to purchase the DVDs?” So glad you asked! In addition to all 22 episodes of the first season, the six-disc DVD collection contains deleted scenes and never-before-seen featurettes including:
- Audio Commentary – Discover the thought process to the beginning of the hit series as Executive Producers Jennifer Levin and Sherri Cooper reflect on the pilot episode.
- Season in Review: The Beginning – Take a look back at the successful first season with all-new interviews from the cast and crew.
- Dressing the Beauty – From the costume department’s trailer, go inside Catherine “Cat” Chandler’s wardrobe as Costume Designer Catherine Ashton shares her process in styling television’s newest female icon.
- Creating the Beast – Explore the practical techniques used to transform Vincent Keller (Jay Ryan) from tortured doctor to vicious beast. Beginning with makeup and wardrobe, and then on set, this feature includes interviews with the talented creators, artists and Ryan himself about what it really takes to create the beast.
- GAG REEL! Yeah, bring it!
The BEAUTY & THE BEAST – THE FIRST SEASON DVD set will be available nationwide in the US and Canada for the suggested retail price of $54.99 US and $57.99 CAN. The DVD is presented in 16×9 Full Frame with English 5.1 & English 2.0 audio and English SDH, Latin American Spanish, and Brazilian Portuguese subtitles. It is Not Rated in the U.S. and rated PG in Canada. The total running time is approximately 15 hours and 23 minutes.